The NCAA Football Blog: A virtual stadium where fans get an insider-look at NCAA Football
with opinions, guest bloggers, and celebrities giving their take.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

NCAA Football Forecast: The Perfect Storm

When scanning the NCAA Football schedule this year, I circled certain games on certain weekends that were not to be missed. The first weekend there were a few, but the first weekend is the first weekend so that really takes care of itself. Last weekend, there were some nice games floating around. In particular Ohio State/Texas and Georgia/South Carolina were highlighted. They were good for about a half.

But circling games became irrelevant for this weekend because I just circled the whole darn thing. Are you kidding me?! Three weeks in and we’re faced with the perfect storm!

This weekend is an NCAA Football fan’s dream. No, it’s actually a nightmare.

If you’ll look to the right, we’ve taken the liberty of spotlighting some of the top games this weekend; let us know which you’re looking forward to the most. But let me share a little nugget with you that I just made myself aware of…Miami/Louisville, LSU/Auburn, and Michigan/Notre Dame? They’re on at the same freaking time!

That’s the perfect storm my friends. No way out of it and no way to beat it. Unless you can pull off rigging three TVs in the same room to watch them all. Which is, awesome. And if you do this, send me the pictures of your set up, I love seeing this pulled off.

But at 3:30 pm, the viewing for me will start in this order.

LSU/ Auburn. SEC, two teams good enough to make a run all the way. And well, it’s the SEC. The real shame is we could have two of the best teams in the nation come from the SEC and not get a shot at a national championship. But that’s a ways off.

Louisville/Miami. This was a tough one to choose over the battle in South Bend, but Louisville is just plain fun to watch. Bobby Petrino has really got them on the cusp of something special and a statement win over Miami would be huge.

Michigan/Notre Dame. It’s actually getting almost hard to enjoy looking forward to Notre Dame because of the tremendous hype they’re receiving. That’s not their fault though. This should give us a better insight in to just how good the Irish will be this year. And Michigan/Notre Dame is a classic

Past that, you’ve got to go with Florida/Tennessee over Nebraska/USC. The powerhouse rivalry is compelling, but I don’t think it will be that way for long. USC looked very good in dismantling Arkansas but this will be a step up in competition.

Of course, there are other games on, but these are the big boys. Let me know if I’ve missed one.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great entry, you didn't mention the Oklahoma/Oregon game. Im not a fan of either one of those teams, but it's supposed to be a good one. There are 3 Pac-10/Big IX games this weekend, it should be interesting to see which conference comes out on top.

11:01 AM  
Blogger NCAA Football said...

You're right Marco...that will be another good one. Mentioning any more would have made my head spin. I'm buying extra batteries for the remote this weekend.

11:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is gonna be a great weekend, this is what college football is all about. It does suck that three of the games are at the same time. I hope they'll be playing the Miami game in my city, its a big one for us.

11:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a huge college football fan this is my christmas. I have been pumped all week for my Vols takin on uf. But there are so many good games on that i dont know what to do with myself. I may have to go with three TVs.

1:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alot of questions will be answered come Sunday Morning! I am excited to see how this season is going to shake out. Especially down south in the SEC...Auburn/LSU and TN/FL, where the schedule couldnt get any better.

2:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's going to be an awesome Saturday! I can't wait to sit in front of the TV all day long. Good call on buying extra batteries for the reomte!

3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home